August 14, 2007

Momo Taiyô

I'm spending a couple of weeks at a vacation house my family has in the countryside. It's very pretty here, with lots of trees and the sound of birds singing in the background, but I miss the Internet connection I have in the city! Here I have a lousy connection that is horribly slow. I wasn't able to download Sunday's Shounen Club T__T , so I'm really grateful to Kamichan, from Ya3Genshiro for uploading to Dailymotion two clips of the main moments featuring Shoon and Taiyô.
·
I loved the way the audience cheered when Koyama introduced them at the beginning of the show, and Shoon's warm, bright smile. He smiles so much of late! It makes me happy to see him happy. =] It seems they only got to sing a little bit of Jet Coaster with Shige, but they appeared on their own on the MC segment, in which the talk revolved around the same subject as the show's theme: Summer. Major chearing from the audience again, by the way. =D
·
Now, I REALLY would like to know what on Earth Taiyô was talking about 'cause I only got that he loves peaches, and something about Koyama being in some drama and underpants. O__o;;; It was great that Shoon was sitting in the middle, between Taiyô and Nakamaru, because at some points his face was really priceless. LOL
·
At first he seemed amused, then confused, and at the end he seemed totally bemused. XDDD He even let out a shocked laugh when Nakamaru told him it was his turn. Actually Taiyô seemed a bit nervous -embarrassed?- and I wonder if it has to do with the fact that as Kamichan pointed out on his blog Taiyô's peaches resembled butts, or rather the way Japanese draw peaches makes them resemble butt cheeks -especially when drawn upside down, like the big peach Taiyô drew at the top of his board. Also, in mangas I've seen jokes in which butts are compared to peaches. And the fact that he talked about underpants... ?___? So yeah, if somebody understood what he was talking about, please do tell me, because right now I'm wondering if Taiyô is a bit of a pervert or I'm the one who's having weird thoughts. XDDD
·
Anyway. ^^ Shoon talked about the memories of his first Summer holidays. He went to the seaside with his family, and one night there were fireworks at the beach. [By the way, the literal meaning of the word for fireworks in Japanese, hanabi, is "fire flowers". Isn't that beautiful? =)] His father had taken the camera with him, so they took lots of photographs... only to discover he had forgotten to put the film roll into the camera! (That's why Shoon drew only black slashes on his board.) Looks like my father and Shoon's are equally absentminded. XD The same thing happened to us once. We went to visit a castle, and the scenery was beautiful, so we took lots of photographs... or rather thought we were taking them. We felt really silly when we discovered he had forgotten to put the film roll into the camera after posing like idiots here and there. XD;;;
·
Credits to Kamichan for the clip below (hope you don't mind ^^) as I can't upload a single thing bigger than 4MB while I'm here - I feel as if I were stranded in an island in the middle of nowhere. -_-
·
·
PS: the title of this entry is a reference to a famous Japanese children story called Momo Tarô, about Tarô, a legendary hero who was born from a giant peach (momo in Japanese) floating on the river and found by an old couple. It's an interesting story; read it if you can. ;-)