September 21, 2007

worries & daibouken reports

So, has everyone already heard the news about the impending announcement of a new Johnny's Group? I learned about it from someone who commented on it at Happytown's BBS, and I don't really know what to make of it. Am I excited, am I nervous, am I terrified? I don't want to dwell too much on the idea, but ever since Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows came out, I'm prepared to stomach ALMOST anything. I was a delusional Harry/Hermione shipper, and since book 5 I'd been preparing to stomach that my ship was not going to sail. It still hurt when it didn't, but other than that I can say that I still like the Harry Potter books and was able to get over my shippy disappointment after a few days of emotional numbness. J.K. Rowling is a brilliant mystery writer, who cleverly sets clues and red-herrings here and there, but she can't write romance to save her life. -_-;;;
·
So what does Harry Potter got to do with this announcement of a new Johnny's group through a CD debut? Not much other than the fact that JKR threw away a chance to write what might have been a great romance, and JE might be about to make a huge mistake from this fan's point of view if in the end it's a NEWS type of group, a here-to-stay type of group made up of people from different groups, especially if some of said groups dissapear.
·
I don't care that I'm an only Ya-Ya-yah fan. It's not just Ya-Ya-yah I'm worried about. I'm worried about all the possible juniors concerned. Ya-Ya-yah is perfect as it is and shouldn't be dismembered. ABC too is perfect as it is; and so are Kis-My-Ft2, Question... and so would be JJE if they brought back into the group Asaka and Fukasawa. (What a fishy deal that is, both back around as backdancers, yet not back in their group O_o)
·
And yet... It's so damn tiring to worry about things over which you have no control whatsoever. @__@ The whole Spring debut announcement, that in the end was just Golf&Mike's debut was like an emotional rollercoaster that lasted several months. When I promoted the "let Ya-Ya-yah debut" campaign HappyTown started, it was mainly to thank Fiona, the webmistress, for sharing so much with the rest of us Ya3 fans, but in the end we found out we had fretted over nothing. The Ya3 show is still on air, YOU-tachi is ending (or has it ended already?), Hyakushiki was not a threat to the Ya3 show, and JE didn't pull another Kitty on us -later they pulled out Hey! Say! 7, but they seem to be something temporary, just like Kitty, so that's okay with me.
·
So, yes, that taught me not to fret before we know for sure. Fretting is bad for your health, and I don't want to die of a panic attack. =p Let us just hope for the best, or for the lesser ill at least.
·
And to take your mind off things, here are scans of the Daibouken concerts reports from the October issues of Duet, Potato, and Wink Up, all scanned by Mimini. Click on the thumbnails to see the images in bigger sizes. All links open in a new window. =]
·
2007.10 Duet Daibouken report:
SCANNED BY MIMINI SCANNED BY MIMINI SCANNED BY MIMINI
·
2007.10 Potato Daibouken report:
SCANNED BY MIMINI SCANNED BY MIMINI SCANNED BY MIMINI SCANNED BY MIMINI
·
2007.10 Wink Up Daibouken report + page with candid photos at Wink Up studio:
SCANNED BY MIMINI SCANNED BY MIMINI SCANNED BY MIMINI
·