September 23, 2008

forget-us-not

山下翔央, Yamashita Shoon, Ya-Ya-yah
[it's still September 23rd here in Spain, but it's the 24th already in Japan - has been so for a good many hours -, so treat this post as if it was written on the 24th]

Feel like having a collective hug? I'd like to gather you all in that symbolic hug, to thank all those of you who follow this blog, whether you comment or not. Thanks for still being there. It's largely thanks to you that I'm still here. Today it's been a year since Ya-Ya-yah was disbanded, and one year after I still get e-mails from people who have discovered them one way or another and want to say "I'm a late-comer, but I've fallen for Ya-Ya-yah and I wish they were still around". They're all heart-warming, passionate e-mails that remind me why I am a Ya-Ya-yah fan. =)

It seems like fate decided this had to be the day for another painful event for me, one year after. Today I went to bid farewell to the people I've been working with for the last 6 years. And Ya-Ya-yah had been around for 6 years too... spooky! I'm such a sentimental there were a couple of moments when I got teary-eyed when I was talking to my "boss" and then to one of the proofreaders who used to check my translations. ._. Oh, well, it was a chapter of my life that needed closure, and now I'm starting a new one, like Hikaru, Taiyô, Shoon and Yabu were a year ago, albeit for them it was against their will. I hope they'll lend me some of their strength so I'll face these changes in my life as bravely as they did.

I wish I had something deep and meaningful to say on this anniversary we all wish we didn't have to celebrate, but we can choose to be sad, or turn it into a day to remember Ya-Ya-yah as they deserve. For Japanese fans the four-leaf clover is a symbol of Ya-Ya-yah, an idea I've always liked. However, for some reason, a couple of weeks ago I saw a photograph of forget-me-nots on a webpage while surfing the Net and thought of Ya-Ya-yah. Forget-me-nots, for those who don't know, are those flowers on the current header, tiny yet strong flowers that can grow even on the Arctic tundra. Memories are like that too, stubborn, and so are we, Ya-Ya-yah fans. Let's be stubborn one more year, shall we? Go watch a Ya-Ya-yah episode, or a clip, or a livestage, and let the magic work once again; forget them not. =)



Forget Me Not, by Lucie Silvas

Forget me not, I ask of you
Wherever your life takes you to
And if we never meet again
Think of me every now and then

We had just one day to recall
Now all I want is something more
Than just a fading memory
Left wondering what could have been.

Isn't it a shame, that when timing's all wrong
You're doing what you never meant to,
There's always something that prevents you.
Well I believe in fate, it had to happen this way
But it always leaves me wondering whether...
In another life we'd be together.
We should feel lucky we can say... we've always got yesterday

And as I leave it all behind
You're still emblazoned in my mind
And for that very special day
Nobody loved me in that way

Forget me not, I ask of you
Wherever your life takes you to
And if we never meet again
Think of me every now and then

山下翔央, Yamashita Shoon, Ya-Ya-yahPOST A COMMENT :: READ COMMENTS