January 31, 2011

happy b-day, Yabucchi!

Yabu's proverbial infectious smile
Yabu has the silliest smile ever, and I so love it! He has changed in many ways, all for the better, I think -like his acting has improved,  he's more relaxed and natural... and he's now all too aware of his sexyness for our own good-, but that silly, childish smile and the way his eyes 'shrink', like an old man's, when he smiles, haven't changed one bit, and I hope they never will. 

I have a tendency to almost always be negative, and now and then I catch myself engaging in gloomy thoughts, but eventually I manage to stop it and be more objective. One of such gloomy thoughts, since September 2007, is that every year that passes takes Yabu and Hikaru farther away from Ya-Ya-yah and more into JUMP. It's been three and a half years since Ya-Ya-yah was disbanded and JUMP born, and even though I'm glad to see Yabu and Hikaru happy and doing well, I can't help but think that -like SMAP, or V6- they'll continue to be in JUMP indefinitely. 

That's an obvious remark, I know, and I'm sure that's what Yabu and Hikaru are hoping for. What I mean is that in a few years they will have been members of JUMP longer than they were members of Ya-Ya-yah (5 years and a half in Yabu's case and 4 and a half in Hikaru's). I suppose you could say that it 'scares' me. Did I say I'm no good at accepting changes? Yeah, that's me. I guess I feel as though I'm 'losing' them, in a way. And I can't believe it, but my eyes are watering as I'm typing this. Am I sentimental or what? *is embarrased*

But then, the sensible side of me steps in, and reminds me that all of us will always treasure certain periods of our life, like childhood, even if they lasted only a few years... a few years that seem even shorter as we grow old and compare them, looking back, to the rest of the mounting years we've already lived and what lies ahead.

Yabu already said how important Ya-Ya-yah was, is and will always be for him, so I suppose I should lay my worries to sleep. In spite of that lovable, silly smile he is a wise guy. Did I mention he turns 21 today?  As we say in Spanish, may you live for many, many years, and may I be here to witness your success, Yabucchi.

P.S. to Yabu: What's this thing I read somewhere about you thinking of sharing an apartment or something with Takaki? Don't you know Shoon is the one for you? He'd take care of you like an older brother.

P.S. to readers: I'm saving the news about Taiyô's theatre play (for those who didn't hear, he landed a role in Tumbling 2!!) for another post because I've been busy and it deserves a post of its own, and hopefully I'll manage to gather some details.

P.S.2 to readers: Did you guys get a notification of my reply to your comments from the previous post? If you didn't, I'll go back to the LiveJournal comments system.

edit: If you didn't get a notification, you can comment through LJ:

POST A COMMENT (LiveJournal) :: READ COMMENTS (LiveJournal)

No comments: