December 04, 2009

happy (belated) birthday, Hikaru!

山下翔央, Yamashita Shoon, Ya-Ya-yah
why don't you like cats?I fail miserably at remembering Hikaru's birthday on time every year. =_=;;; For some reason my brain won't register the fact that it's on December 2nd; I always think it's later, and so, it always takes me by surprise. ¬_¬ Not nice!

An idea for a Hikaru fic had been going round and round my mind for some months, and I figured Hikaru's birthday would be a good occasion to write it and share it with you, and also a good way to go back to blogging because, once again, I've left this place unattended for too long, and now I'll have to start weeding, and I don't know where to start. Hope you are all doing well. Thanks for being there. ^3^

Why don’t you like cats?

___It had been a bad idea to stop by Taiyô’s house without calling beforehand. When he rang the bell, it was his sister who opened the door. Taiyô was not home yet, she informed him. And then, when she invited him to step in and wait for him, Hikaru wanted to make up some excuse and refuse. Instead, he stepped out of his shoes and followed her like a meek lamb... or an unwise little boy charmed by the notes of the pied piper’s flute.
___Apparently her parents were not home yet either, he noted as they seated in the living room. The house was dead silent. The idea of being there alone with her made him so nervous that he almost knocked a vase of flowers off the table when she asked if he’d like some tea.
___When he was a child, Hikaru had enjoyed the sleepovers at Taiyô’s, but being under the same roof as his friend’s sister had always made him a bit uneasy. There was something about Ayukawa Tsuki that unnerved him.

(read more)