January 18, 2011

let the SUNshine in

The sky is grey and cloudy over here , threatening rain , but for me it's a sunny day because today our dear Taiyô turns 20! Waaah! Ya-Ya-yah's youngest member is 20 already! I feel so old!   And this one is a very happy birthday indeed, with something big to celebrate: Taiyô's "return", maybe, to the entertainment world. I typed "return" like that, with quotation marks, and added a "maybe" because I want to be cautious about it as it's too soon to say.

On January 2nd I received an e-mail from a friend, who had heard from another friend that Taiyô had appeared in a TV show the day before. What an awesome piece of news to start the year!   I was so excited!! So I looked for more info on the Net and it was true, Taiyô had made an appearance as a sort of co-presenter in an environment-related documentary called 蒼い地球5  (Blue Earth 5) that had aired on TV Tokyo the day before, January 1st.

It's tagged 5 because this is its 5th year running, and it always airs on New Year's Day. The main presenter is Nakama Yukie (Gokusen, Satomi Hakkenden, etc.), and I haven't been able to find any of the previous instalments of this series of documentaries, so I don't know if it's a custom to have a different co-presenter every year, maybe. So it might have been a one-time appearance in this TV programme. But I sure hope it wasn't a one-time thing, but the re-start of his career in the entertainment world, a first step, and that soon we will see Taiyou in some other show, and hopefully on a regular basis.

Interestingly, though, he was introduced as a 新人俳優 (shinjin haiyuu), "new actor" or "a new face in the acting business", I suppose. This naturally rises the question "is he going to try his hand as an actor?". He already had a taste of acting with the Stand by Me theatre play and the TV drama Kinpachi Sensei, and while I can't judge his acting on the first because unfortunately I didn't get to see it, I think he did really well in the latter. Yeah, I think he would make a fine actor. But I can also see him as a TV presenter.

I had the luck to watch the video thanks to my friend, but unfortunately I don't have permission to post it on-line, so I'll just post a couple of screencaps. As I said, Taiyô was a sort of co-presenter in this Blue Earth 5 documentary: he did a short location report about environmental issues... in Hawaii! That brought so many memories! To him probably as well. I wish he'd taken Shoon with him. He looked really nice and it was lovely to see him again and to hear his voice again.



I wonder if he has signed up for a different talent agency. Maybe he's on a trial period and this first TV appearance was a test to see how he did. Again we'll have to wait and see. In any case, I think this is proof that, just like Shoon, Taiyô never wanted to leave the entertainment business, and that it looks like he wants to get back to it. Welcome back, SUN, and happy birthday! I wish you the best of luck, and I'm counting on seeing you again soon!

If you didn't get a notification of my reply to your comment, you can comment through LJ:
POST/READ COMMENTS (LiveJournal)